“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.” - Theodore Roosevelt, 1910.
Manakoa Gymnastics Team Hui
Our competitive team is gearing up for the upcoming competition season. We have a talented and hardworking group of gymnasts and an amazingly supportive group of parents. If you are a Manakoa Gymnastics Competitive Team Parent and you have fundraising ideas to share, please contact Mr. Manzo at firstname.lastname@example.org
February 18, 2018 - Awards Banquet at Buca di Beppo from 4:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m.
Team Summer Training Camp Dates:
- June: 4, 6, 8, 11, 13, 15, 18, 20, 22, 25, 27, 29
- July: 9, 11, 13, 16, 18, 20, 23, 25, 27, 30
- August: 1, 3
January 2018 Competition Highlights
Sunday, January 14, 2018 - Aloha GymFest at Le Jardin Academy
Highlights from our team's performance include:
- One of our athletes, Lorianna Herrmann, outscored every athlete in every division competing at the Aloha Gymfest in uneven bars with a score of 9.700. It was the highest score in uneven bars of the entire weekend!
- Coach Sarah was commended by the floor judges for having outstanding floor choreographies. Side notes from the judges also included that they liked our music. They enjoyed our team's presentation, smiles, and camaraderie.
- Vault judges were impressed with the courage shown by one of our athletes who suffered a fall during warm-up and was escorted to the EMT station for medical assessment. After she was cleared for competition, Gwen Jorgensen, scored 9.250 on vault, taking second place in her age division, as well as placing first on beam and floor, claiming first place all around with a score of 37.400.
In the Ch A Division
- Skyllie Sakuma took 2nd place on vault bars and the all around
- Sabrina Valdez placed 1st on beam, 3rd on vault, bars, floor, and the all around
- Hiilei Dudoit placed 2nd on floor and 4th in the all around
- Isabella Varney took 4th place on vault, 6th on beam, and 5th in the all around
- Mia Pascua took 5th place on vault and 7th in the all around
- Maya Manzo placed 1st on floor and 8th in the all around
- Maria Manzo placed 1st on bars and 9th in the all around
In the Ch B Division
- Hayden Kochi placed 2nd on floor, 3rd on vault, beam, and the all around
- Loganne McKenna placed 4th on beam and floor and was 5th all around
- Abigail Matias placed 5th on vault, 6th on floor, and was 6th in the all around
- Kianna Acosta-Fuulaau was 5th on beam and floor
- Isabelle Lum placed 2nd on bars and was 8th all around
In the Jr A Division
- Mia Manzo took 1st on vault and 1st all around
- Josephine Kurt took 2nd on beam, 3rd on vault, and 4th in the all around
- Micayla Herrmann scored 2nd on bars and placed 5th in the all around
- Maya Coloma placed 1st on floor, 4th on bars, and was 6th in the all around
- Anne Christensen placed 3rd on beam and was 7th in the all around
- Kaelin Apuakehau placed 3rd on floor and 8th in the all around
- Holly LeDoux took 5th on bars and was 9th all around
- Charlee Griffith scored a 9.025 placing 7th on floor